Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Starting Over

There is truly nothing more difficult then starting over. Whether it be with a large project we have been working on or just simply having to retie our shoe laces. It's annoying and frustrating and frankly.. a lot of work. And for me, that's where I'm at right now. I'm starting over with learning what it means to be a child of God, husband, father and soon to be pastor of a new church. With a child coming soon, again, I am scared and worried... for obvious reasons but also the fact that I don't know how I will perform as a dad and husband all the other hats I wear. When it comes to starting over I have a tendency to go with the thought process of fight or flight. I want to fight for how things should be and try to keep things where they are, or flight, fly off to my own selfish world where everything is justified and I am "god" so to speak. Lately, I have been flight mode, trying to find satisfaction and justification for my sins and temptations. No more. Due to God-given moments and revelations that I have recently experienced I have a new thought process. FIGHT or FLIGHT! I am going to fight for my family and the hats that I have chosen to wear and chosen to be a part of. In conjunction with flight, fleeing from the past temptations and justifications from my past. I know it seems such a simplistic and elementary thought, but often those are the things that are the most powerful.

2 Tim. 2:22 - But run away from the evil desires of youth. Try hard to live right and to have faith, love, and peace, together with those who trust in the Lord from pure hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment