Tuesday, April 27, 2010

The Lies Were Told...The Ones We Believe

There are moments in this life when things just aren't "clicking" the way you had planned. Somewhere along the road it went a rye and you wonder, "what happened?" You plot and plan your goals, ideas, passions, direction and seemingly everything.... except we forget to think about the unknown even more we forget to plan for failure. Not to come across negatively but the reality is not everything we do will succeed. Alas, we get to a place where we begin to question....EVERYTHING... then in turn begin to question God, his plans and purposes for our lives. And it is at that exact moment when we realize that we have been attacked by the enemy and have been convinced of the lies we were told.

For me, it is so easy to just think about how easy is it to give up, give in, to question my skills as a husband, father or the like. I want to believe that everything I will attempt in my life will be a failure because it is easy to and easy to just not even try. I know I cant. I know that those are the lies that the enemy wants me to believe so that I become ineffective and useless but I cant, I won't and in fact I MUST fight back....

As an encouragement to you- take some time to just write down the lies that are being told to you, because when you see them in front of you, you can then find truth to each one and disband the horrific lie.

1 Tim. 1:18-19 it says at the end, "...fight the good fight.(19) To do this you must hold firmly to faith and a good conscience, which some have rejected and so have suffered shipwreck in regard to the faith.


FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT!

No comments:

Post a Comment