Friday, December 19, 2008

Satisfy Me Oh Lord

Today I heard a song called "Satisfy Me" from a group by Tenth Avenue North. After listening to it for a while it truly took the words of my heart and gave it straight to God. Funny how certain songs, words or even creative lyrics can pull at the heart strings and make you worship God like you never could before.


That is the underestimated power of worship, we get so calloused of songs and music that we forget that there is power behind the words we sing. I know for myself I hear a song I have sung a thousand times I tune out and just say words.


I challenge everyone (including myself) to find the root reason as to why a song impacts or impacted you because at some point of that song your heart is wanting to scream that to God. However, we first need to ask God to remove the distractions and chaos of our heart and lives to begin such worship.


Will you truly worship with me or just read on and forget what you just read?

No comments:

Post a Comment